Posted By: Brian Goossen
Database technology pioneer announces new version on the heels of its recognition in the Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems
November 11, 2015 (Columbia, MO) –– FairCom®, the pioneer in multimodel No+SQL integrated database management, today announced the availability of version 11 of c-treeACE® at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo in Barcelona, Spain. As the industry’s most powerful multimodel NoSQL and SQL solution for enterprise data, c-treeACE empowers developers to work directly with a NoSQL key-value store and a SQL layer simultaneously. V11 of c-treeACE contains 300+ enhancements over the previous release.
With new optimization options offered in V11, c-treeACE allows up to 300% higher throughput, while keeping data consistent and durable. New c-treeACE configurations allow developers to use flexible schemas to customize unique ways of storing and retrieving data.
The performance gains our users report, demonstrate that giving developers precision control over their database operations really creates impactful benefits for their applications,” said Alysha Brown, COO of FairCom. “As a developer partner, we’ve worked closely with customers to focus on the features that make the most difference. They will be especially excited about expanded Java offerings and support, and our new real-time replication technology.”
The new release will build upon the core technology that has made c-treeACE the foundation for thousands of vertical market, embedded, and corporate applications worldwide, including UPS, IBM, Thomson Reuters, and Visa. c-treeACE V11 features and supportive functionality include:
- Multimodel No+SQL™ – For more than a decade, FairCom has blended SQL and NoSQL into an integrated database. With V11, FairCom is expanding full read/write SQL capabilities over NoSQL data.
- Performance gains – Performance enhancements throughout have provided an opportunity for an overall 20% gain over c-treeACE V10. A new Delayed Durability mode for transaction processing achieves up to a 300% gain.
- In-memory speed – V11 leverages FairCom’s considerable experience with in-memory files. The exceptional throughput is measured in hundreds of thousands—or even millions—of records per second.
- More Java options – expanded Java offerings, including:
- JPA: NoSQL Java Persistence API quickly converts existing apps
- JEE: Enterprise Java Beans make c-tree available as a Resource Adaptor
- JTDB: Fast NoSQL access to c-tree files
- JDBC: Type IV JDBC driver for industry-standard apps
- Expanded stored procedures – Unique in offering abilities to implement stored procedures and triggers in the NoSQL and SQL models. With .NET support, V11 introduces an additional environment for developing stored procedures.
“We think that FairCom’s unique ability to provide simultaneous access to data through multimodel NoSQL and SQL means addresses a level of flexibility and control that developers are looking for in 2016,” said Robin Bloor, Chief Analyst of The Bloor Group. “We look forward to seeing where this major V11 update takes FairCom and their customers.”
This announcement is on the heels of FairCom being recognized by Gartner, Inc. in the 2015 Magic Quadrant for Operational Database Management Systems for the second consecutive year. The Quadrant analyzes vendors’ ability to execute and completeness of vision. FairCom views the inclusion as a testament to its customer satisfaction, loyal customer base, and the strength of its c-treeACE technology.
FairCom is promoting V11 live from the Gartner ITxpo in Barcelona this week. Additionally, it will also be promoting V11 at upcoming roadshows in the U.S. in Salt Lake City, Utah; Austin, Texas and; New York City, New York starting early 2016.
For more information, see www.faircom.com/v11-is-here
FairCom is a pioneer in the software industry, the first company to offer a commercial package using b-tree algorithms on microcomputers in 1979. Today, FairCom maintains its sole technical focus on database technology, continuously enhancing its core database technology while keeping up with the latest industry platforms and APIs. FairCom’s c-treeACE engine is the industry’s most powerful solution for multimodel data providing simultaneous access to NoSQL and SQL, giving developers in companies of any size the control to customize their database, and ultimately enhancing performance gains.
For more than three decades, FairCom technology has been used in solutions serving industries including financial, healthcare, telecommunications, manufacturing automation, accounting, legal, dental, education, construction, aerospace, trucking, gaming, space exploration, oil and gas, energy, major league baseball, fraud detection, public safety, and infrastructure management.
FairCom is a privately owned company. For more details, please visit: www.FairCom.com
Knock Twice for FairCom