August 24, 2020
FairCom provides numerous controls for database security
Developers can deploy c-treeACE database without the need of a DBA to maintain security
Keeping its database secure is of upmost importance for an organization. And in today’s world, numerous threats to database security abound.
Among the things to be concerned with are staying current with patches and updates to limit the attack surface available to malicious users and malware. You also need to mitigate credential threats such as substandard password management and authentication. And you must guard against privilege-based threats, which are the result of giving a user more access than he or she needs or the abuse of rights. As you can see with this sampling of threats, there are a multitude of avenues in which harm can be done to a database and the valuable data that it holds.
FairCom provides applications that use the c-treeACE database with numerous security mechanisms from data-access policies to role-based permissions to advanced encryption at rest and in transit. In addition, c-treeACE gives unprecedented control to developers to deploy a secure database without the need of a database administrator.
c-treeACE excels at securing data and ensures all transactions are securely stored on disk, backed up and replicated offsite for disaster recovery. This helps prevent your data from being tampered with or lost during malicious attacks, hardware failures and natural disasters.
FairCom’s robust security controls for c-treeACE include:
- Advanced data encryption at rest and in transit using NIST AES
- User authentication and authorization controls
- Secure OEM client/server deployments
- Compiler controls that ensure a database can connect only with specific applications
- Maximum consecutive login attempts with increasing lockout delays
- Limited login windows with dates and times
- Administrative block of user logins
- Integration with centralized LDAP directories
- Integration with Unix shadow authentication systems
- Standard SQL security features, such as group-level permissions
- NoSQL file-level ownership and access permissions
- NoSQL Unix-style file-based access permissions
- NoSQL password protected data files
- Tamper-proof configuration files
- Transaction history auditing
- Master Key Management (local and cloud)
- User-defined row-level security
What about the threat that no one is thinking about: The dangers associated with a neglected database? Believe it or not, this is a serious issue with most databases because they require a database administrator to secure each database on a regular basis. Database neglect occurs when inadequate attention (updates, maintenance or vigilance) is given to a deployed database. Because developers configure all aspects of c-treeACE during application deployment, database security can be kept current by simply redeploying an application. This approach makes it easy to manage security across mobile applications, distributed applications, distributed databases, microservices, desktop applications, OEM applications, etc.
To learn more about the database security and other features of c-treeACE, as well as its speed, reliability and developer control, please visit www.faircom.com/database.