November 9, 2020
FairCom DB improves on its unprecedented level of control and speed with V12 release
FairCom DB V12 arrives with new features to increase availability, scalability, performance and productivity
FairCom’s flagship product hit the market with a new version that is filled with a plethora of new features and a new name.
FairCom DB V12, which was formerly known as c-treeACE, is a multimodel database that is trusted by more than 40 percent of the Fortune 100 and is known for high-performance NoSQL and industry-standard SQL within the same application, over the same data. Another hallmark of FairCom DB is that it provides developers with an unprecedented level of control to meet their unique needs, such as inserting millions of records per second and implementing cutting-edge data processing algorithms.
One FairCom customer, Abacus Research, had an opportunity to incorporate many of FairCom DB’s new features in the Abacus G4 product. Abacus CEO Claudio Hintermann said the FairCom DB’s benefits went far beyond increasing performance.
“FairCom DB V12 is better than advertised. This database increases performance, lowers total cost of ownership and provides unrivaled reliability. For Abacus Research, what we appreciate most about FairCom DB is that it works without the need for a database administrator (DBA), regardless of the operating system: Windows, Linux or MacOS. Plus, the FairCom support is excellent. The new V12 release is very fast and stable. We have used new V12 features to achieve our goals of improving performance and scalability in our Abacus G4 product. For anyone with the same needs, I highly recommend V12’s: index compression, the support for more than 32K file handles, record update callbacks, deferred indexing, and full-text search. Furthermore, the upgrade to FairCom DB V12 was simple, and our engineering team is always excited to incorporate the latest FairCom technologies.”
Among the new features in V12 are capabilities that increase performance by three-times and FairCom Replication Manager – a graphical user interface that allows developers to have point-and-click data management of replicated data. Some of the new features include: a new JSON data type with indexing of any JSON property, automatic security management, automatic database tuning, extensive system diagnostics and more than 100 new API functions.
If you would like to learn more about FairCom DB V12, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or check out the online resource kit:
- FairCom DB home page
- FairCom DB V12 Trial Download
- FairCom DB V12 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FairCom DB V12 New Features (PDF)
- FairCom DB V12 Highlights Guide (PDF)
- FairCom DB API quick reference poster (PDF)
- FairCom DB Continuum of Control (Video)
- FairCom Products Developer Documentation
- Webinar: Looking beyond SQL and NoSQL, what will data access look like? (NEW)
- Overview: The healthcare industry trusts FairCom DB for its database needs
- FairCom database technology and optometry device leader, Zeiss
- Rockwell Automation meets customer requirements without sacrificing performance with FairCom DB
- FairCom DB provides Schuyler House with a strong, flexible database to meet healthcare’s business and clinical needs
FairCom DB Continuum of Control Blog Series
- FairCom’s Low-level API gives complete control to database developers
- Database developers receive unprecedented source code control with FairCom DB
- FairCom DB gives developers absolute control with custom data types
- Developers can index anything with FairCom DB database indexes
- FairCom provides numerous controls for database security