March 18, 2020
Database developers receive unprecedented source code control with FairCom DB
Benefits of FairCom DB outweigh those of open source and other closed source databases
While it is true that FairCom DB is not open source, we give you the option to receive the majority of its C and C++ database source code when you purchase it. You can view and step through the source code to better understand how the database works, and you can modify it.
Our database technology is full featured because it has been enhanced and refined for 40 years. Thus, you rarely need to modify source code, but when you do, we provide technical support from the same FairCom engineers who write and maintain the code. They are available to answer your questions, help you resolve issues and provide technical guidance. We also provide professional services to speed the delivery of your projects.
Our unsurpassed support ensures you can solve the most difficult problems to satisfy your most unique business needs. For example, 95 percent of our customers give FairCom an excellent satisfaction rating for database technology and 97 percent for technical support.
When you modify source code, you can:
- change database behavior
- add database capabilities
- customize database features, such as security
- shrink the database footprint
- embed the database in your application
- embed your application in the database
- enhance APIs
- … your imagination is the limit
You also have the ability to customize database behavior without changing source code. FairCom provides several extensibility features designed for C and C++ developers:
- Plug-ins run constantly in-process or out-of-process and can do anything
- Callbacks run synchronously or asynchronously throughout all database processes
- storing and retrieving binary values in records and indexes
- traversing records forwards and backwards in record and index order
- using indexes to look up data
- saving positions and instantly jumping back to them without index lookup
- controlling locks with maximal efficiently for predictably fast transactions
- using transactions, no transactions and multiple in between settings
- running parallel processes across the same or different data tables
- and so forth …
Lastly, all FairCom products provide you with industry-standard SQL, ODBC and JDBC for integration with the vast number and variety of SQL tools. We enable you to do traditional SQL development at the same time and over the same data being processed by our extremely fast NAV API. You can create SQL stored procedures in C# and Java to custom process data in SQL.
Detailed information about FairCom DB code control is available here.
You can also check out our online documentation library for developers, which includes updated information about FairCom’s always-evolving database technology.